THAILAND | BANGKOK

When I knew I wouldn't be able to go travelling with my friends, I jumped at the chance to fly out and meet them.
I originally wanted to go out and surprise Natasha for her birthday, but keeping something like a secret was very difficult... no thanks to Dave.

We planned our trip back in November and before I knew it I was heading out there.

I flew out to Bangkok with Dave (now Natasha's fiancé!). Whilst I was out there I wrote daily bullet points to keep on track of what I'd been up to, so this will hopefully tell you all about my trip without being pages and pages long!

so lets get to it!

(Unfortunately I didn't really take any picture. Soz I was having too much of a good time!)


Day 1

Arrived at Bangkok.
Very sweaty.
Why are there no escalators that go downwards?
Do we jump?
Nope theres an elevator
What's that smell?
Is it me?
Is it Dave?
No it can't be.
It's not, it's just the smell of Bangkok.
Sweaty, sticky and fishy.
Taxi shouldn't take too long.
Wrong.
Bangkok traffic.
... 50 minutes later.
Are we there yet?
Yes I can see the girls.
Wow they are so brown.
Why am I so pale?
I've been on the sun beds loads, what is this sorcery?
You have to take your shoes off at this hostel.
Right I need a sim card.
£5 for a week worths of data?
I'll take that.
Now what?
Food. I'm starving.
Lovely Veggie place (Kaidee May).
Very yum.
Much yum.
Tuk Tuk to the next hostel with all our luggage.
Very squashed.
Need a nap I've been awake for what feels like 2465 hours.
Quick nap.
Not so quick.
What time is it?
Time to go out.
Not a fan of beer, guess I'll have to learn to like it.
700 Baht for a tower of beer.
Okay.
Another tower?
Go on then.
Cocktails anyone?
Sure.
Why not?
Waiter thinks I'm cute.
It's because I'm pale.
Next bar.
More cocktails.
THEY DO KARAOKE!
3 songs in we break the karaoke machine.
Meet a few English people.
"Want to come to a gay club?"
Errrrr yeah hun!
We're now dancing in cages.
Laura is upside down in a cage.
Me and Ques are singing Maroon 5 with the sassiest Thai man.
Clubs closed.
Burgers king.
Extra long chicken with cheese.
It's just a glorified Chicken Royale.
I'm throwing up in the streets of Bangkok.
WHY?

Day 2

Woke up very late.
Spent ages looking for somewhere to eat.
It's hot.
And busy.
Decided on Pizza Hut.
No tables.
Now what.
Another place.
Spent £57 on pizza.
THAT'S 114 PAD THAI!
Sky train to Mo Chit to buy bus tickets to Chiang Mai.
Looks like a short walk to the bus station.
Too hot.
We've only been walking for 10 minutes.
We need to stop.
OOO a cafe Amazon?
Wonder what that's like?
Very large ice cold choccy milk please.
Delicious.
Right lets make a move
Got tickets.
VIP of course.
No way are we walking back.
TAXI PLZ.
Nap again.
Got more food.
Quiet night.
We all drank too much last night.

Day 3

Time to explore the temples.
Got five people in a Tuk Tuk.
What an achievement!
The locals think we're crazy.
We think we're fab.
Driver takes us to a boat tour instead.
No thanks.
Another Tuk Tuk.
Saw Wat Pho.
Amazing
Went across to Wat Arun.
Got blessed by a monk.
#BLESSED
Got a £3 bag.
Very cute.
Feet cut to pieces.
Fuck my life!
Another five person Tuk Tuk.
Went to a shopping mall.
Picked up all the bread snacks for our bus journey.
Shit we need to get our bus!
Rushed back to hostel.
Tried to get a taxi.
Sorry no.
Got one.
Fuck Bangkok traffic.
It's a race against time.
Will we make it?
Driver takes us to the wrong place!
We now have 10 minutes to get the bus!
Great!
Loz jumps out.
We're all biting our nails.
What's going on?
Loz is surrounded by five different people.
She comes out with what I can only describe as an angel!
He leads the way to a bus.
We get on.
Is it the right bus?
We'll never know.
Its a 12 hour overnight bus.
Maybe I'll sleep.
No.
Midnight.
Announcement in Thai.
It's probably saying we have a 15 minute toilet stop.
We'll wait here.
We've already been.
10 minutes later.
Maybe we'll quickly buy snack.
Walk in.
EVERYONE FROM THE BUS IS HAVING A SIT DOWN MEAL IN THE VIP AREA!
WHY!
This was never mentioned.
Fuming.
We love food.
But this food looks questionable.
We'll stick with our 7 bags of crisps thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment