WHILST I WAS AWAY

Being off the radar for four months has given me plenty of time to buy a heap load of beauty products.  So it's only right for me to do a few reviews.

A few new lipsticks. Mac of course. Velvet Teddy and Honey Love. The apple of every girls eye.

Velvet Teddy:
I normally love the smell of Mac lipsticks but this one has a bit of a chalky smell. But I'll let that pass as the colour is amazing. We all know Kylie Jenner and her lips. This is the ultimate Kylie colour. Nude but with a bit of a darker brown tone. It's a matte finish and stays on for hours.


Honey Love:
Yes a lot of you will say that this exactly the same as Velvet Teddy, but let me stop you right there! I'll admit they are slightly similar and that's as far as I go. Firstly this restored my faith in the smell of Mac lipsticks. I can only describe it as heaven. It has a more peachy undertone than Velvet Teddy and looks a lot better if you're going for a subtle eye look. Again it's a matte finish and doesn't budged at all.



Another Urban Decay Naked palette! Naked On The Run.
If you hate spending time on your make-up this is definitely for you. It's got everything you need apart from foundation.

The palette includes:
Perversion Mascara in Blackest Black
I can't find this Mascara for the life of me. I lost it after having the palette for like only two weeks. Oops. However I do remember loving it a lot
24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stag
This is my favourite eyeliner at the moment. I don't know why I haven't invested in a dark brown colour before. It's a lot less harsh than a black eyeliner but still has all the impact. I use this on my lower lash line and still use liquid on my top lid.
Naked Lipgloss in Sesso
I'm yet to try this because I'm not really a lipgloss girl. Long hair and sticky lips don't mix.
Eyeshadow: Dive, Fix, Resist, Dare, Stun.
Nude and Natural colours. Perfect for a clean looking face. The palette doesn't include a brush so remember to pack your own!

Bronzer,medium bronze matte. 
This bronzer is perfect for a toned down look as it's not too dark and doesn't have a shimmery finish to it.

Blush in Vibrant pink with light shimmer.
A little of this goes a long way. Seriously take the smallest amount possible as it's very bright. I don't normally wear blush but this one sometimes make and appearance. 
Highlighter in 5050 (can also be used as an eyeshadow)
I don't tend to use powdered highlighters, I go for liquid before putting powder on to set. I like this more as an extra eyeshadow and use it as a base.


Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.
I purchased this after using a sample one that my housemate Natasha had. I honestly thought I'd never  find a mascara I liked more than Benefit they're real. I was wrong. This trumps it. This has the thickness and length of they're real without the heaviness. I can touch my eyelashes and they don't feel hard or crispy like they do with other mascaras. The brush is more of a classic mascara brush which I was a little apprehensive about but now I have no worries. Definitely worth getting your hands on.


Mac Prep & Prime. Base Visage
Again this was something I fell in love with after receiving a sample when I bought a concealer. Needless to say it didn't take me too long until I went a purchased a full sized bottle. Normally I don't don't like using products that have too much of shimmer to them as I hate looking like a 12 year old girl that just discover face glitter. But this is so subtle and helps my make-up stay on for hours. The only downside is that kind of smells weird.


I also purchased a few things from NARS but like the idiot I am I left them on the bus. I'm trying to keep that memory out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment